After the successful launch of its newest branch in Indianapolis, Random Acts of Flowers is seeking a skilled fundraiser to create and implement a local development plan. Responsibilities include directing major gifts campaigns, soliciting corporate funding and foundational grants, and securing third-party revenue to support the local operating budget. The Executive Director is the “face” of RAF to the community and is responsible for local board cultivation and management.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
- High energy with a positive, purposeful countenance
- Self-motivated, resourceful and driven to meet or exceed goals
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task while managing time effectively
- An excellent communicator (written and oral), who is adept at public speaking, has strong listening skills and a propensity to process information accurately in order to communicate for influence
- Well connected and confident interacting with community and business leaders
- An individual who builds lasting relationships through trust, collaboration, respect and high ethical standards
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the COO at the national office of Random Acts of Flowers
Cultivate donors, obtain direct donations and lead major gifts campaigns
Research and obtain grants and corporate support
Develop and execute fundraisers/special events.
Increase awareness of RAF through speaking engagements and participation in corporate networking events
Develop, manage and maintain good relationships with local media
Create/supervise media posts such as media alerts, news releases and social media posts
Board of Directors:
Engage board members in strategic planning and fundraising efforts and provide regular reports on ongoing activities and progress on directives to the board of directors
Create board meeting agendas and work with committees/leadership positions to manage specific initiatives
Recruit new board members annually.
Mission Fulfillment and Administrative Oversight:
Plan and manage the annual budget
Collaborate with Program Director, volunteers and supporters to develop strategic plan for mission enhancement and/or area expansion
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of development leadership experience
- Experience in grant procurement and grant writing
- Existing portfolio of donors and a proven ability to close five-figure gifts
While Random Acts Of Flowers technically is categorized as a not-for-profit agency, we like to think of ourselves as a for-impact organization. Our mission is to improve the emotional health and wellbeing of individuals in healthcare facilities by delivering recycled flowers, encouragement and personal moments of kindness. Founded in Knoxville, TN in 2008, we have grown exponentially and now operate five branches nationwide – in Knoxville, Tampa Bay, Chicago, San Francisco and Indianapolis. To date, our small but committed team has delivered hope and encouragement to more than 210,000 people struggling with injury, illness and the aging process, one beautiful bouquet at a time.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (do not submit application here).