(Goal dates: May 14 –August 10; May be Flexible)
Through this part-time, unpaid internship (15-20 hours per week) at Random Acts of Flowers, you will gain hands-on experience in all the behind-the-scenes aspects of running a nonprofit while also learning valuable transferable skills for a variety of other career fields. You’ll learn about areas such as: volunteer management, fundraising, marketing, operations, finance, and grant writing.
During this internship, the selected candidate(s) will:
- Engage in high quality volunteer management, coordinating a variety of volunteer group projects with youth, college, church, corporate, and other groups.
- Participate in the administration surrounding the daily mission fulfillment.
- Assist with logistical coordination of floral pickups, volunteer shifts, and floral deliveries.
- Work with teams to execute special events, such as Flowers After Hours.
- Assist with financial records, donor communication (including acknowledgments), grant writing, and fundraising.
The ideal candidate(s) will be highly self-motivated, innovative, and possess strong communication skills. Workshops hours are typically Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, although there are occasionally night and weekend events that might be of interest to the intern. Specific schedule is flexible to the selected candidate(s) availability.
Interested candidates should email letter of interest highlighting relevant experience and resume to Contact@RAFChicago.org by April 30, 2018. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted via email listed on resume. Interviews will be conducted in late April/early May.
Random Acts of Flowers is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization focused on improving the emotional health and well-being of individuals in healthcare facilities by delivering recycled flowers, encouragement, and personal moments of kindness.
Job Type: Part-Time, Internship
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
License or certification: Driver’s License (Required)